Google Drive used to be just for Microsoft Office like documents. Now it includes this as well as YouTube and Dropbox like functionality.
- File Storage - You can store and share any type of file in Google Drive
- Personal Google Accounts share 15 GB of storage between Drive and Gmail
- For Google Apps for Education accounts storage is unlimited (personally I've uploaded a couple hundred gigabytes to my drive).
- Share Videos
- Simply upload a video and it can be streamed from the internet
- Videos can be kept private, shared with only members of your domain, or made public
- Documents - Basic word processor
- Write Collaboratively
- Check out Tools-Research
- Provide feedback during the writing process
- Perfect for backchannel discussions
- Sheets - Is it just a really weak version of Excel?
- The Usual
- Class Surveys
- Quizzes - Use Flubaroo to have quizzes graded automatically
- Slides - Make PowerPoint like presentations
- Create Collaboratively
- Easily Share/Publish Presentations